Saturday, June 28, 2014

DCMOOC Review

I have blogged about many topics that are relevant to digital citizenship.  My first blog was on blogging and the opportunities to communicate and collaborate that blogs offer.  This was discussed through out the DCMOOC course and many educators are now using this tool and making many valuable contributions to education.  I know that through this blog I'm trying to create a place to share my experiences and thoughts on using technology in education and digital citizenship.  My second blog was on Twitter.  This is a tool that I am becoming more in tune with.  I commented on the amazing Personal Learning Network that one can develop through Twitter.  Through DCMOOC twitter chats, I was able to share my thoughts and resources via posting and reflecting on the tweets of others.  I found this to be a very valuable professional development opportunity.  My third blog post was on the use of apps.  There are many tools out there that teachers can use to enhance and redefine their classrooms.  I shared a couple of the many tools I have tested and found to be valuable.  The DCMOOC course also shared many tools to incorporate into the classroom to improve student success and digital citizenship.  I had used or heard of many before, but as always picked up a few more tools for the tool box.  My fourth blog dealt with the overall importance of talking about and understanding the many facets of digital citizenship and the necessity that educators should be aware and ready to positively incorporate the issues and challenges of our digital world.  This theme ran throughout the DCMOOC course and the facilitators and participants were great champions of harnessing the power technology.  I am submitting this as a fifth blog post towards the completion of the DCMOOC course, as I will continue to share ideas, resources, and thoughts to promote successful integration of technology and best practice into our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment